Author Topic: How do I post pictures?  (Read 1285 times)

Rick

• Colorado Mountain Man
  • Administrator
  • Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
    • Colorado Mountain Fishing
How do I post pictures?
« on: April 30, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »
Going to make a quick tutorial on how to post your pictures from the gallery to your posts.  Also a couple little tricks I do that may make it a little faster.  Dont feel obligated that you have to add pictures to your posts this way you can still use tinypic or photobucket or whatever if you choose to.  This will just keep the pics on the site so they wont be removed by either photobucket or tinypic after a certain timelimit is reached and will allow them to load faster.

Step 1 select the Media Button from the top navigation bar.
[smg id=113]

Step 2 select the My Albums Link from the Media bar.
[smg id=114]

Step 3 Select the New Album button from the navigation bar.
[smg id=115]

Step 4 Fill out the form:
Enter Name
Enter Description
Select an Icon (picture displays on the gallery) Blank will default with a folder icon.
Change Default sort order if you want.  All other options are optional
[smg id=116]

Step 5 Click the "Mass Upload" link
[smg id=117]

Step 6 Click the #2 option "Select files"
[smg id=118]

Step 7 Navigate to your picture directory and select the pictures you want to upload.  
Ctrl + A selects all and Ctrl and right mouse click will select individual ones.
[smg id=119]

Step 8 Click the #3 option "Upload"
[smg id=120]

Step 9 Fill in the descriptions and Titles and click submit button.
[smg id=121]

Step 10 Select the photo you want to include in your post and click Details.
[smg id=122]

Step 11 Select the BBC Embed Code and past it into your notepad.
[smg id=123]

*UPDATED*
Step 11b If you want full size photos instead of the thumbnails Select the Direct link and paste it into your notepad then add the IMG tag so it looks like this:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://coloradomountainfishing.com/forum/MGalleryItem.php?id=123[/img]Result

While it kind of seems like a few to many steps its pretty painless and simple.  When I write reports for the forum I type them out in notepad, that way if something happens to my internet or if I hit backspace and it takes me to a previous page I don't loose anything.  This will make copying the tags into your report easier and you can navigate through your gallery to get the tags as you type your report.  Also since the user base is pretty small usually all the SMG tags are in order so if you want to paste in just a group of pictures you can copy one tag and paste it a bunch of times and change the numbers.  

I am looking to see if there is a faster way to maybe embed the gallery into the posts but havent found an option... this gallery is unsupported so finding technical help is pretty hard.  Still it would make things faster and simpler so Im keep looking for a way to do it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 09:58:32 AM by Rick »
The worst part of losing good fish is that you cannot release them. They tailwalk across the back of your mind for days.' - Christopher Camuto

Vanish

• Administrator
  • Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
Re: How do I post pictures?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:01:01 PM »
Thanks Rick. I thought that might be it.

blueskyfly

• Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
Re: How do I post pictures?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 07:17:04 AM »
Thanks Rick. In the mountains HughesNOT can be a bit slow loading pix. Maybe this will be faster.  :)
Mike Newell