Author Topic: Camping suggestions please?  (Read 1222 times)

James

• Baldwin Lake
    • View Profile
Camping suggestions please?
« on: July 14, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »

So I'm off for a week. Looking to camp a few nights with the family and puppy. I know there are tons of possibilities. Just a little stuck right now, and thought I'd toss this out. Thanks

-Showers are important (to my wife)

- Like to stay within 3 or 4 hours of Estes. In case the puppy trashes the tent or anything.

- Preferably up in the mountains

- Good fishing near by. Lake preferably. Puppy's too loud to for streams. Love to camp near a few places..

I know it's late. We had planned on heading towards KS. Heard where wed be fishing is really slow. Long drive, and don't want to deal with the heat.

Thought of Steamboat area (love it up there). However, Puppy is too loud (barks if were not all together) for the fishing I do up there.

Decided on staying pretty close and just heading up to Red Feathers. Waited to long though, and spots filled up..

Thanks again!

Highcountry

• Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Camping suggestions please?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 06:48:35 PM »
How about Big Creek Lakes area up west of Walden?  As far as a shower; seems as if the monsoon season has started so your wife should be able to get a shower.   ;)  Walden has a community health club north of the school on the NE side that she could get a shower at for a few bucks.
Life is better served next to a high mountain lake.

slayerfish

• Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 06:33:54 AM »
Sun Shower. Fill it with water, lay in sun. Voila!  Instant hot shower anywhere you can hang it. If nudity is a problem, hang a tarp.

Or, you hold it for her- more fun that way. ;)

f_bone

• Eleven Mile Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:40:31 AM »
Golden Gate Canyon.
 There are several campgrounds, one has a shower facility.
There are several well stocked lakes in the area with some nice hiking opportunities.
The ranger station/welcome center has a guided tour of the area with activities for the kiddo's
Its just west of Boulder.

Coloradomrg

• Frying Pan Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:31:08 AM »
Head towards Walden... just got back and the fishing was great at Joe Wright and Lake John.  The delaneys not so much.  There are a bunch of other places to stop up there too.