Author Topic: Hello out there  (Read 1498 times)

Moorerust1

• Eleven Mile Lake
    • View Profile
Hello out there
« on: May 30, 2014, 10:38:44 PM »
My local trout water is almost void of trout all summer due to central Texas heat. I live about 10 minutes from the Guadalupe river outside of New Braunfels Texas. I've fished New Mexico on vacations mixed with snow skiing and Arizona due to work obligations but really want to explore the mountainous wonders of Colorado. This summer my family and I have decided to visit Salida for a week and it can not get here fast enough.....It seems like the Arkansas river is the big trout fishing draw but I'd  really like to explore the smaller creeks with my 7 ft 3wt.... Any suggestions would be great....I know this info can be held tight to the vest and on penalty of lashes with a bamboo fly rod I will carry any info with me to the grave. Just a guy looking for a few tips or ideas.  I'd really love to cross a few fish off the bucket list...as far as trout are concerned I've caught bows in Texas and Arizona, browns in new Mexico and Arizona and I even managed a few Apache trout in The white mountains of eastern AZ..the state fish... But brookies are still on the list as are the entire list of cut throat and their habrid cousins. Howdy from an appreciative Texan.