Author Topic: Looking to Flyfish CO.  (Read 1299 times)

Selfrelient

• Eleven Mile Lake
    • View Profile
Looking to Flyfish CO.
« on: January 07, 2015, 06:35:18 AM »
Hello all. New to the site, currently reside in SW PA. Looking to find some good back country fishing in CO. Read and see alot about High Alpine lake fishing and want to start!

Vanish

• Administrator
  • Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to Flyfish CO.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 08:08:12 AM »
Hello SelfRelient.

Generally, the best way to get tips from the core guys here is the describe your plan in more detail and then we can chime in with specifics about lakes in the area. They like to see you've done your own research and just need that little edge over what you cannot find on your own.

As it stands, there are hundreds of places you could go, each with different needs. Are you backpacking in? If yes, for how long? Some places are only reachable with a multi-day trip.

Selfrelient

• Eleven Mile Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 09:12:48 AM »
My brother in law and I are looking to backpack in for about a week. Right now just getting started on our research. I saw this forum and figured it would be a good place to start seeing there are some 2000 different high alpine lakes. Still in the beginning of our plans at the moment. Thank you for the input.

waldo

• Frying Pan Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »
Hey dude,

Grew up in Pittsburgh myself.  Would be happy to give ya some suggestions.  I would look at the Sangre De Cristo range west of Pueblo or the Flat Tops Wilderness near Yampa.  Most of the lakes back in those areas have fish if you are willing to hike a bit.  Shoot me a message for some more specifics.

Matt

moosegoose

• Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
    • 719Fly
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:44:02 PM »
Looks like you have come to the right place!  A week is a ton of time!!  You will find something really good!