Author Topic: Hello!!  (Read 461 times)

GratefulReb

• Eleven Mile Lake
    • View Profile
Hello!!
« on: April 27, 2016, 12:59:01 PM »
I am originally from Tennessee which is home to it's own strain of Brook trout/char. My home waters used to be the Little Red, White, Norfork rivers in Arkansas, and the Tellico in Eastern Tennessee. I have been fly fishing for about 30+ years for many species; such as, trout, bass both small mouth and large mouth, bream, gar, crappie, stripers, redfish, snook, speckled trout, etc... I presently live in Pine Junction, and I have fished the South Platte a few times. I am really interested in hiking into the backcountry to fish to get to some less pressured fish. I would appreciate any and all comments, advice, fly selections, and advice.

Rick

• Colorado Mountain Man
  • Administrator
  • Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
    • Colorado Mountain Fishing
Re: Hello!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »
Welcome a board!  You arent to far from some great places.  You'll find lots of brookies in our creeks that will remind you of home. 
The worst part of losing good fish is that you cannot release them. They tailwalk across the back of your mind for days.' - Christopher Camuto

COCarp

• Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
    • ColoradoCarp
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 09:25:49 AM »
Toodleloo to ya.
“The only reason I ever played golf in the first place was so I could afford to hunt and fish.”
- Sam Snead

GratefulReb

• Eleven Mile Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:50:24 PM »
Thanks y'all!

blueskyfly

• Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 01:35:23 PM »
Many years ago I used to fly fish those waters you mentioned in Arkansas and some in Missouri. It was a good place to get acquainted with the sport. Each region has there own personality. I suspect you will find plenty of quality fly fishing here. I know I have. Blue Skies to your efforts Reb.
Mike Newell