Author Topic: Question on bait rigs?  (Read 2106 times)

lambdebois

• Hermit Lake
  • Let's fish!
    • View Profile
Question on bait rigs?
« on: August 02, 2008, 12:36:08 PM »
DO any of you guys use these to catch bait?

I used sabaki rigs which are similar and caught tons of fish jigging them in florida and other freshwater fish.

The bait rigs I've seen at jax have 4 hooks on them where I've used sabaki rigs with at least 8 hooks before.

My question... In Colorado there is a two hook limit or something..... Can I used these with all the hooks or should I keep cutting them down to two hooks Like I've been doing?

If I want to leave another pole with some bait dunking and fish the bait/sabaki rig....What's legal?

Rick

• Colorado Mountain Man
  • Administrator
  • Pacific Tarn Lake
    • View Profile
    • Colorado Mountain Fishing
Re: Question on bait rigs?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 01:32:18 PM »
3 hooks are all that are legal in Colorado.
The worst part of losing good fish is that you cannot release them. They tailwalk across the back of your mind for days.' - Christopher Camuto

lambdebois

• Hermit Lake
  • Let's fish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »

SO I can dunk those craws with one pole and fish my two hook modified sabaki rig at the same time then....correct?

As well as have my minnow trap out also....?

mtnmann44

• Pacific Tarn Lake
  • Here's to the wilderness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 06:32:45 PM »
This is what is stated in the rules and regs.

#103 - MANNER OF TAKE

A.The following are legal methods of take for species listed in this chapter. Any method of take not listed herein shall be prohibited, except as otherwise provided by statute or these regulations:
     1. One personally attended line, except as otherwise authorized in these regulations.
                  a. Each line shall have no more than 3 common hooks attached.
     2. Trotlines
                  a. Trotlines may only be used on waters specified in regulation #108.
                  b. No one may use more than one trotline.
                  c. Trotlines shall be anchored, marked at each end by floats, be no more than 150 feet in length, have no more than 25 droplines,                            and shall be weighted to place the line a minimum of 3 feet beneath the surface of the water.
                  d. There shall be no more than 3 barbed hooks on a common hook on each dropline.
                  e. Trotlines shall be tagged with the user’s name, customer identification number, and date set.
                  f. All trotlines shall be personally checked at least once in each 24-hour period.

So in short. Each pole can have up to 3 hooks on it. So if you have a 2 nd rod stamp. Then you can have 6 hooks. If you can manage it.

That is if I read it right???
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 06:39:06 PM by mtnmann44 »
The best times i have had were above 14,000 Feet.